The official selection of films for the 3rd Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival has been released. The festival, which is in its third year, is a cultural gathering that aims to inspire the creation and popularization of truthful, artistic and relevant audio-visual works to enlighten and cultivate critical consciousness of the mass audience. The festival’s theme for this year is nationalism or love for our country.
This year’s selection is a collection of documentary, animation, experimental and short films. The films were selected based on the entries’ quality and content in relation to the theme. The jury for the final film selection was composed of film critics and representatives from different sectors.
The following are the official list of films for the said festival:
- Ka Bel | Documentary by Mayday Multimedia
- K-1 | Short Film by Christopher Nazareno
- Sounds of New Hope | Documentary by Eric Tandoc
- 43 | Animation by Southern Tagalog Exposure
- Obra ng Lipunan | Poetry in Motion by Hector Calma
- Lesson Plan | Short Film by Gerry Jumawan
- Panaw-Kalinaw | Short Film by Arnel Mardoquio
- Badjau sa Makabagong Panahon | Documentary by University of Assumption-Pampanga
- Dugo ang Iniluha ng mga Bulaklak | Poetry in Motion by Rom Factolerin
- Aktibista | Documentary by Karen Camille Gutierrez/St. Scholastica’s College
- Salute | Poetry in Motion by JL Burgos
- Halas | Experimental Film by Rob Jara
Festival dates are on August 10 to 11, 2011 at the UP Film Center, Cine Adarna in the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.
A special screening of Lino Brocka’s film “Dung-aw” will also be held on August 10, 2011, 7pm at the Cine Adarna.
The 3rd Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival, organized by Tudla Productions in partnership with the U.P. Film Institute, is supported by the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA).
Visit the Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival’s site here.